We got a call from our adoption agency's China office tonight (Saturday) at 8 p.m. that the U.S. Consulate does not have our revised visa approval from the Louisville Citizenship and Immigration Services office that was approved 3-30-10.
This means that if Louisville does not send this paperwork by May 5th in China that we will not get to go to our consulate appointment or leave China as planned on May 8th.
Seeing how it is Saturday morning back home that leaves very few days to get this worked out. The other problem is that the Louisville CIS is one of those offices where they can contact you, but you are not supposed to contact them.
FTIA did get the name of a contact person with the Louisville CIS. Her name is Jennifer Hendrix. The agency and I have already left voice mails and e-mails for her, but she won't be in until Monday probably.
I have used whitepages.com to try to get a home phone number. Only one Jennifer Hendrix appears, but when I call her number it says it is disconnected.
So if anyone out there, especially our journalism friends and Louisville friends, know of a Jennifer Hendrix or anyone else who works for the Louisville CIS, contact numbers, etc. Any help would greatly be appreciated. She appears to be the only way we are leaving China on time.
We will continue e-mailing and calling all appropriate parties, but thought that there might be someone out there reading this who could help.
Pray that we get this resolved and get to come home on time.
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




OMG!!! We'll keep you guys in our prayers. I wish I knew someone up there. Beth
ReplyDeleteYou are in our prayers. Wish I had the lady's address. I'd go knock on her door. Hang in there!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
laney
Sorry this had to happen to you, but you have what you went there for. It could be worse! Blessings.
ReplyDeletedoug and alison, you may already have solved this but i did some google searching here, and i found a jennifer and rick hendrix who live in blue ash, ohio. that is near cincinnati. here is their phone number and address: Rick Hendrix (513) 791-5065 9509 Linfield Dr, Blue Ash, OH 45242-6022 Map
ReplyDeleteRick Hendrix (513) 791-4495 9509 Linfield Dr, Blue Ash, OH 45242-6022
hope this helps,
victoria