Very good news!! Helen got a phone call about a half hour ago from the U.S. Consulate here in Guangzhou, and they report that they have possession of our "Visa 37" approval! (I still want to see it to believe it, but I feel relieved enough to have hugged Helen - doug)
This wonderful news came on our return trip from the medical clinic, where all the babies in our group passed their exams wth flying colors.
Getting there was a small adventure as we had to walk to the other side of the island, which is completely torn up with construction. At one point, we had to walk over a thin board that was covering a trench, and I honestly didn't think the board would hold us. I heard it crack when I walked over it.
Anyway, we are on lunch/nap break before more activities this afternoon.
Just wanted to share the wondeful news. Thank you everyone for your offers of assistance and prayers. We were truly worried that we weren't going to get to head home on time.
Now, Lord willing as my mother used to say, we are just days away from a big trip home.
Tomorrow we go the Consulate. If we don't post before then, we will let you all know how that goes.
Monday, May 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




WooHoo!!! Such good news. God is good!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait until you get home!!!
Hugs,
Laney
Good to hear! I posted some Louisville phone number info earlier, but somehow it did not publish. Oh well, Good Luck.
ReplyDeleteFred